Prudence's year has followed typical form and involved a moving of house and a changing of job.
It has also involved:
- the acquisition of a cat (good);
- the breaking of a staggering number of wine glasses (embarrassing);
- a broken resolution to learn Italian (ah, well);
- the nurturing of an olive tree that once more did not bear fruit (death row, shall try a native finger lime);
- varying rates of economy with the truth (also known as good manners);
- varying degrees of success with sewing and other crafty projects (if at first you don't succeed...);
- the growing out of a truly ugly haircut (painful, indeed);
- three very small lotto wins (just enough to buy another ticket);
- complete success in avoiding quiz nights (invitations no longer coming in); and
- the making of new and very precious friendships (BSC Perth, that's you).
(and these are not resolutions, that process will only end in tears)
- grow a cut flower garden;
- try not to break so many wine glasses; and
- learn to sew button holes.